Friday, March 12, 2010

Our girl scout tea party



For our "considerate and caring" activity for girl scouts we held a tea party. I was surprised at how well behaved our girls were. Usually they are all over the place and I often have a difficult time keeping them on task, however, they were in rare form for this activity. They loved using their manners and I must say that they did an excellent job. Later, the girls used fabric markers and decorated daisies on handkerchiefs to remember to be considerate and cover their coughs. At the end one of the girls asked me if they could have a "hat parade" through the halls of the school. It was adorable! One of our older siblings led the line waving an American flag back and forth while the girls practiced walking like ladies and waving to anyone still left in the classrooms. My camera was full at that point so I couldn't get any pictures. Oh, and before I forget, for any members of my family reading this blog, I know, one of the tables was without a table cloth. I had a blue one with white polka dots to bring (daisy colors are blue and yellow), however, I accidentally left it at home. Oh well. Ally enjoyed it so much that we are planning on going to a local tea room with some friends for her birthday party in May!

No comments: