Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes!

Funny story. Today I was sitting with Ally on the couch watching cartoons. A commercial came on advertising "Bratz" dolls. Ally said, "I want all of those girls", referring to the dolls. I am not comfortable with the image that they portray so I responded, "No, Ally, those dolls aren't very nice." Ally said, "They're good girls, they're just having a hard time." I didn't know whether to laugh or be scared! How perceptive our children are! Quite amazing.

5 comments:

Lindsey Rose said...

okay I am totally laughing out loud! Thosegirls are too smart!

Katina Angola said...

Yea Becca, they are just having a hard time, Gosh! Everyone needs a friend.

Emily said...

That cracks me up! I went shopping for a present for my cousin for her birthday and I saw those dolls and I thought I would never in a million years buy those dolls! her response is really funny!

Katy Beth said...

Haha! My goodness...well, she has a conpassionate heart. You have to give her that!

Unknown said...

I totally love that.

Maybe she heard that quote from me. That is TOTALLY something I would say.

I am always telling my girls...because people make bad choices, it doesn't make them bad.

he he