Monday, May 25, 2009

Family Vacation






We just returned home from our trip to Florida to visit John's parents and his brother David. We had a wonderful time, even though it rained the entire time! It worked to our advantage, though. It wasn't insanely hot outside and we did manage to find a break in the weather to go to the beach. The girls loved it. Ally was afraid of the waves, which were very choppy due to the weather, but she did enjoy looking for shells. Emma, on the other hand, spent her time contently playing in the sand with her bucket and shovel. It is so like her to find something to occupy herself and stay there intently for a long time.





John and David and I were also able to go to the temple in Orlando which is absolutely beautiful. We did family sealings and later went to the bookstore. Can I just say that I loooooove church bookstores! I could spend all day in them. I bought the new family hymn book which I have wanted for some time now. It has pictures that go with the hymns, great to use for family home evenings. Needless to say, that wasn't all that I was able to find. Finally John and David had to drag me out. Later in the week we pretty much kicked back and took it easy. We watched movies, ate outside on the lanai, and hung out. When we were planning this trip in the beginning we talked about going to disney or sea world. We decided though, that it would be easier on our pocket books as well as be an opportunity to just give our girls our attention if we kept everything more low key. I could not believe how true that was. Both of the girls were on their best behavior. It was a good lesson to me of what things John and I should be doing with them.

3 comments:

nbarnes2 said...

wow! it sounds like you had blast on your vacation! i love big family trips. i also loved the adorable pictures and the too cute swimsuits the girls were wearing. and... HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLY! 5 is big!

LCFrohm said...

Becca!
You cut your hair short! I love it!
So glad ya'll got to take some time and enjoy Florida.
Your girls swimsuits are adorable. Where did you get them?
I miss you! Need to talk to you!

The Freeman Family said...

Rebecca, looking at this picture I realize that I haven't seen you in sooo long! I miss you!! You are even more beautiful than I remember! I love your hair. The picture of the girls hugging on the beach looks like something out of a magazine -- your family is precious! I love seeing pictures of the girls and reading about your updates.