Sunday, May 10, 2009

In honor of my mom....


Since it is Mother's Day, I thought that it would be fun to share some of my favorite memories of my mom.

Going to Hamilton Place mall with her when I was in grade school
Motivating talks after a heartbreak. Mom is one of the most comforting people I know.
Bringing treats to our classroom in grade school
Trying to sit as close to her as possible while she was on the phone so that I could listen
Being with her and my Aunt Gretchen in Winchester. They're hilarious together!
All of us crawling in bed with her in the morning when Clark was a toddler. He would come in every morning with a play frying pan and plastic egg and we would all laugh together.
Mom's frequent trips to Knoxville. Even though they are usually for doctor's appointments, I have still enjoyed the time that we get to spend together.
Her putting decals and clear nail polish on our nails when we were very little
Her presence at each of our childrens' births. Her presence was so comforting and calming.
Hearing her tell stories of some of our ancestors
Any holiday! Holidays at our home are the best! There is such an excitement. I think that the planning of them is actually my favorite part.
Phone calls
Visiting the hospital where she worked when we were little and getting banana popsicles
Mom's advice. It's always sound
I love all of the homemaking things that my mom is so talented at. I have tried over the years to implement them myself. She has taught me to sew, can, clean, budget meals, and so much more.
Notes that my mom put in our lunchboxes when we were little.
My mom's generosity. I don't know anyone who is more generous than my mom.

I know that these might sound a little random. But they are some of my favorite memories.
My mom has been so instrumental in my life. She has modeled so many wonderful things for me. Most importantly, I am grateful that she and my dad were bold and courageous as they made the important decision to join our church years ago. They both had wonderful strong churches that they belonged to, which they loved. However, they recognized a more complete truth in our church and because of that, I have been privy to so many blessings. Mom, I love you and thank you for all that have done and continue to do. Happy Mother's day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day to your mom Becca.

I love her too. And hope to be such a great mom like she is.

Danielle said...

I love you Mom! She is such a wonderful lady and hilarious. You're a lot like her!

Hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day!

LCFrohm said...

I love your momma too! She is truly the best! Definition of a southern woman. Bless her heart!

Sherry said...

I just love you! You're too good to me.

Mom