Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ally's 1st Day of School!!!!!





Okay, this day has been dreaded as well as anticipated for quite some time now. It is surreal to say the least, that we are finally here. Our daughter has started kindergarten.

Some thoughts: How nice to have some quiter time to myself...Will her teacher be able to keep track of all of those kids and spot mine as she tries to run out of the classroom?....Packing lunches and buying supplies will be kind of fun....Did we really have this many school fees when I was in school?....She'll make lots of friends....What will I do when she comes home crying because someone made fun of her?....What kind of security does her school have?....I can finally get some more cleaning done.....

You get the picture. Well, as for Ally, she is stoked! We woke her up this morning and she asked why we were going to school in the dark (6:00 AM). She jumped up anyway, though. She ate yogurt and granola and told us, "If there is a kid who is scared, I'm going to go up to them and say, 'Hi, I'm Ally. It's okay.'". Cute kid. We won't have to worry about her getting scared. She asked me not to park because she didn't want me to walk her into the school. Yeah, that didn't sting. She picked out an outfit that Heather noticed at the store.

I still enjoyed my time with Emma who just followed me around and played quitely. I found time to make this and update my blog! It's a tote with miniature stuffed dolls that have pictures of our family. I'd say it's been a good day so far!





4 comments:

Katy Beth said...

Oh my heck, time flies!! Haha! Little Miss Independent.


How stinkin' cute is that craft?! I gotta get you to show me how to make one.

nbarnes2 said...

i think ally looks adorable. how could you not walk her in? i don't think i cld sit there. she's so big.
that bag is adorable! i so love that! jackson picked out fabric for his quilt that i'm attempting today. we shld get together and sew. i need help choosing a quilt pattern b/c his fabric isn't quite what i had in mind.

Emily said...

She is so cute! I also love that craft where did you find it to be able to do that? You are so amazing!

marlene said...

I want to see this bag in person. This looks like a good idea. You are so creative.