Sunday, June 20, 2010


Our ward leaders have encouraged we adults to do our personal progress again. I did mine as a youth, and would like to do it again with my daughters, however, there is now a new program that the church has come out with called the Honor Bee program.

The Honor Bee charm was historically given to young women who were willing to do more than was required. To continue your progress, you may earn an Honor Bee to accompany your Young Womanhood Recognition medallion. You may earn an Honor Bee charm after completing both of the following requirements*:

1. Read the Book of Mormon again

2. Serve others for a total of 40 hours.

Since I use my blog as my journal, I am going to keep track of my service hours in my blog. As parents and church leaders we could easily earn 40 hours of service in just a few days. I thought that this would be a neat opportunity, though, to push myself to do things here at home or with my calling that may be lacking. If any of you want to do it with me, let me know! It would be fun to plan together!

1 comment:

Katy Beth said...

I'd love to do it! Just give me a holler & we'll work details out. It would be great to get a bunch of us to do it together!