Monday, September 21, 2009

Tennessee Valley Fair

This was the first year that I have taken either one of my girls to a local fair. I realize that fairs are full of cheap thrills, are dirty, and don't always draw the best crowds, however, I HAD to take Ally and Emma and let them experience a small-town, Southern fair. This was the first vendor that we came to as we entered the park-


How funny is that? I love it. Can I just say, though, that my girls loved the fair! Especially Emma. She does have an affinity for farm animals. Not quite sure where she gets it from, but she loves cows, ducks, sheep, goats. We walked past all of these dairy cows. Some of them were so big. I thought that Emma might be a little intimidated by them. Oh no! She would get right up in their nest and pet them!
It was pretty cute. Ally, on the other hand, held her nose and almost cried if one of them even looked at her the wrong way.

My camera went out on me, but later when we were in the petting zoo pin with all of these baby goats, Emma went around to each one and laid her head on their backs. It was sweet. As for Ally, she took more pleasure in the candied apples and the merry-go-round. She and her buddy, Alex, were so cute walking down the pavement with candied apples in their hands bumping into people because they were so intranced with their treats! This is a picture of Alex's sister getting excited as she sticks a nutrigrain bar to her forehead. What's so funny, though, is Ally's face in the background! Good times!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I agree fairs are pretty dirty and the crowd ain't cool! But the funnel cakes get me going there at least once every few years. Some of the rides are really fun!