Friday, September 25, 2009

Maybe it was something we ate?

We just took Ally to the doctor today-yes, we have swine flu. What a yucky name, swine flu. I hate even saying it out loud. Her doctor said that she does have this particular strain, so, here we go. Poor girl, she's so sick, but she's such a trooper. She doesn't complain. Rather, she just does as she's told. It's pitiful. As for Emma, she's downstairs right now taking a nap. She doesn't really take naps anymore so she's probably getting sick as well. Oh yeah, I'm not feeling well either. Good times in the McCombs house! Can I just say, though, that I have the sweetest friend who has been taking care of us already. Karen called around finding out which pharmacy still had tamiflu in stock, offered dinner, dropped off popscicles. Even though we're all a little green, I've felt so touched by her kindness and others who have called to check in on us. So sweet. It's funny, it really is the simple things in life that are so special like having good friends and having family. I've been thinking about that today. By the way, is this picture hilarious or what!

3 comments:

amanda said...

Oh no! I'm sorry. Hope you all get feeling better soon!!!!!

Katy Beth said...

Oh goodness! I had no idea. I'm so out of touch with everyone anymore. Please let me know if you need anything at all! Love ya'll!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the flu! I hope you guys feel better soon. But the picture is just too cute -- I had to laugh!!!